Friday, August 27, 2010

Kindergarten

I'll just state this up front...sending kids to kindergarten doesn't get any easier! No it doesn't. It fact, in many ways it's harder then the first time or even second time around. I cried for a good half an hour after I left the school, and then was just sad and lonely all day. I kept looking at the clock to see how much longer I had till they all came home and it wasn't going by fast enough. But I couldn't help just being tickled with excitement for this little buddy of mine. He is ready and excited beyond belief.
Probably the most handsome kindergartner in history!

He couldn't stand still, just kept swinging his backpack around...

and making silly faces.
And then his ever watchful, ever dotting sisters came out. They were almost as excited for him as he was for himself!
Walking into the school I had to step back and savor this moment. I mean REALLY savor. The kind where time literally stops around you. McKenna took Zachary by the hand, and walked him to his classroom. I started crying right then and there!
Zachary and his teacher Mrs. Davis At his desk
And then I went home...with no little guy walking beside me holding my hand.
And I cried.
And cried some more.

And then spent the day with unheard of one-on-one time with Gavin. (Which I have to add is going to be pretty darn special)

Until finally the clock read 2:35 and we got to walk to the bus stop.


And off he came...as happy as could be!


Side story....we were walking home and I told him I missed him. He turned to me and said, "I missed you too." .........(pause) "never mind, I didn't miss you." Before I took it too personally I had to remind myself that it meant he had a great day. But come on, didn't you miss me even a little?
Gavin immediately gave them all hugs...he was just as excited they were home as I was! (This is going to be a hard adjustment for both of us!)



4 comments:

Brookel said...

i love those gavin hug pictures! very sweet.

mom c said...

I'm totally relating Em. It doesn't get easier.

Jackie said...

I agree. Cutest Kindergartner around. I love him!!

Katie L. said...

Hi Emily! Your kids look cute! And how did Gavin get so big? It seems like yesterday that he was a little baby! Tall, but still little!