Sunday, August 8, 2010

McKenna's Wonderings

Some moments can't be captured on film...really the vast majority of daily family life is not captured with the camera. Yet there are many of those daily moments I want to remember and chairish just as much as those that I pull the camera out for and I need to do a better job of recording those little moments and conversations.

Such as tonight.

I put Gavin down to bed and let the kids stay up an extra 20 minutes to do something of their choice. Abby was sanding down a walking stick with sandpaper, Zachary was chasing fire flies, and McKenna choose to lay on the couch with me, rub each others feet and talk, share secrets and giggle.

Part of the conversation went like this...all McKenna and without taking a breath in between.

I wonder what the future will be like for me.
I wonder who I am going to marry.
I wonder if I know him now or not.
I wonder if I'll play soccer for the rest of my life like I want too.
I wonder if I'll get lots of trophies.
I wonder if I'll go to BYU and meet my husband.
I wonder how many kids I'm going to have.
I wonder if I'm going to be able to live by you.
I wonder if I'll be a rock star.
I sat there, across the couch from her, rubbing her little, dirty, stinky feet and I was filled with utter warmth. How did I get so lucky to be this girls mom? I wanted to freeze time right then and there (only about the billionth time I've wished that.) We sat there rubbing feet and talked about how great her future was going to be. How much her Heavenly Father loved her. How some day one very lucky and special boy was going to take her to the temple. How she was going to do wonderful things in her life because she is so special, wonderful, and amazing.
And through it all this thought kept coming to my mind...
How grateful I am to be a mother and have such moments with my children!!!

No comments: