It was a beautiful day, cool and not too humid. The crowds were small and we didn't even have to wait in line to get into the house.
I love this sequence of the kids at the back of the house on the lawn...

The house looks over the Potomac River...it is a beautiful setting

After Mount Vernon we found a fun little park, ate our picnic lunch and played for a while. We then got back in the car and headed over to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum by Dulles airport.
This was a really neat museum, fun for big kids and little kids!
Future Pilots
Gavin has started this new phase...anytime I tell him "no" he covers his face with his hands. It's really quite funny. This particular time I told him to stop climbing on the protective railing separating him from a two story fall. We still see you Gavin!
One of the neatest things there is the space shuttle...the shear size of it is incredible
12 hours later we were pulling back into our driveway. It was such a fun day. I have been blessed to love everywhere we've lived and be happy in each and every place. And let's be honest...it's been a lot of places! But there is nothing like Virginia! Honestly, I have to pinch myself that we are lucky enough to live here! I LOVE it! To be able to do such fun outings with my kids, and be close to so much history is wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment