Saturday, August 7, 2010

Tahoe...Polar Bear Plunge

This tradition is one of my kids favorite things of the whole week. Monday night after FHE we all gather down on the dock for the annual polar bear plunge. In the past we've always made the jump as families...but this year the moms decided to opt out and let the kids take over, much to the chagrin of the dads. If it's too cold, your too old...I guess we've gotten to that point! :) So different groups of cousins jumped together, and honestly they didn't even care if their mothers were nice and dry.

I missed McKenna's jump because she was the first one in and I wasn't ready, but here she is flanked by Brady to be there in case she needed help.

Elisa almost got thrown in by Rob and Stuart

But they were nice and backed off.

I really loved how some of the older cousins jumped in multiple times to help out the younger ones who wanted someone to jump with...here goes Abby and Stuart

Sarah wasn't liking the cold water at all and Clara and Stuart were right by her side helping her get to the stairs...TAHOE STRONG!!!

Uncle Rob provided everyone with hot chocolate as soon as they got out of the water.


Zachary and Bret

Then all the dads jumped together...minus Uncle Chris and Uncle Steve

No comments: