Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Day of School

I guess I have to admit it. The kids are back in school. Another grade up. Another year older. Growing up. I cry every year when it's time for them to go back to school. I just miss them, plain and simple. But they were super excited, and I was so excited for them. The first day of school Zachary didn't go because they stagger start the Kindergartners.

When I asked the girls to get together for a picture...they immediately posed like this...
Have I ever mentioned how grateful I am they have each other?

Abigail...my 4th grader...serously, 4th grade?

McKenna...watch out 2nd grade!

It just so happened to be Bret's first day of school too...can't leave him out of those first day of school pictures!

Abby's teacher Mrs. Forrester
McKenna has Ms. Carew...who was Abby's teacher last year!


Every year we have a first day of school party and I make this pencil brownie cake...the kids love it and I get major "cool mom" points.

The second graders: Ashley, Kate, McKenna and Emilie Fourth graders: Payton, Madalyn, Abby and Evelyn
It was funny to see what the girls chose to do with there time. The big girls sat around the table and worked on their homework together, talking and giggling about being the second oldest in the school and feeling so big and grown up. (homework on the first day!?!...they loved it!)
The younger girls played and goofed around. They jumped on the trampoline and played musical chairs.

No comments: