Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Six Months

Gavin turned six months old on Sunday...I'm a little behind on this post, but here are a few things I want to remember about his first six months of life...

I want to remember the sweet spirit that he brought into our home and family from the moment he came home from the hospital.
I want to remember how he would sleep for hours on end in his swing.


I want to remember how even at such a young age he and Bret had a special bond. (He would suffer from DDS, or Daddy Deficiency Syndrome...all he'd need was his Dad.)

I want to remember his sweaty, Stinky baby feet, even hours after he would have a bath.


I want to remember Zachary's hi-pitched, soft toned, drawn out "Hi" over and over again.



I want to remember what he looked like asleep in my arms


I want to remember how he LOVED to give kisses.

I want to remember how Bret gave Gavin a nice hair cut...eliminating the old man mullet.



I want to remember how we truly cherished this baby, didn't love him anymore than the others, but we learned how to appreciate and cherish this baby because we know how fast they change and grow.

I want to remember the special bond between McKenna and Gavin.



I want to remember how Gavin's eyes would literally light up when the kids came home from school.

I want to remember how his little hands loved to play with mine.



I want to remember that is is OK to stop nursing...especially when he was such a happier baby after.
I want to remember that he was AMAZING when we drove more than 4,000 miles in his second month of life.
I want to remember that he was a BIG baby, 9 pounds 3 ounces (although I'm pretty sure I'll have no problems remembering that one!)
I want to remember how he loved to play ever so gently with Bret's and my face when we would hold him in our arms.
I want to remember that he was a calm and easy going little guy, just content to be in the mix of the family.
I want to remember that that I am so blessed to have four healthy, amazing and special children.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE this sweet post. You'll be so glad that you have this outlet for "remembering".

Jules said...

Love this post, it is so fun to see all the things you cherish- both simple and special. They do grow WAY too fast! Very fun!