Monday, October 20, 2008

Hair Cuts

Sunday mornings are always a little rough at our house with Bret gone at meetings all morning. Although recently we've been doing great, better then great...until yesterday morning that is. And it was a morning to top all others! I'll only mention one of our "events" that happened in our home yesterday. Zachary gave himself along with McKenna nice new haircuts. Here is the damage done to McKenna.

When I asked her why in the world she let Zachary cut her hair she said, "I didn't let him. I told him, Zachary, don't you dare cut my hair!" To which I replied...And then you stood still and didn't run away! And when is picture day at school you might ask...that's right, tomorrow!

Now on to Zachary...

I loved his hair. It was blond, a little longer, and just oh so cute. Well there was no saving it after this.

One of the many piles of hair found upstairs.

After church we had to buzz his head.

And this is the new Zachary. Still a cutie. I know he felt bad about what happened because he picked out his Arizona sweatshirt to wear to preschool this morning and his teachers said he kept his hood on all day, even when they were on the playground and it was hot.

Here's the good news in all this...we had our family pictures done LAST weekend! Just a little tender mercy.

5 comments:

Judy said...

I can't believe those hair cuts! That's one thing we haven't dealt with YET, but I know someday it will happen!

Katie L. said...

Oh, he looks so cute! Too grown up, but cute. Mckenna actually looks sweet too, the pictures don't look bad at all! She is great with bangs.

Jules said...

I know you're sad about Zachary's hair, but he's got such a cute face... he is a doll with or without hair!! It'll grow out very quickly too. Zachary--- crazy kid! I didn't expect him to do that, Barrett- yes, Zachary- no!

alisha said...

Now that's trouble! Mikaela had 3 bouts of cutting her own hair - and once of cutting Jason's but thankfully it was hardly noticible. Funny.

When I was in 2nd grade (I think) it was picture day and my bangs didn't look even to me, so I kept trying to even them up myself. I kept cutting and cutting until finally they were so short that i had a little buzz!! Luckily my mom was able to use some of my other hair to make some new bangs for me. :)

You wouldn't have even noticed McKenna's if you didn't know - good save!

Jen said...

Haha, Sam and I cut our hair the night before picture day when we were little. :) I cut her hair off at the ponytail, and then cut my bangs off like Mckenna did. Which means I'm doomed to have my kids do it too!!