He was born in the Netherlands were cousin Robert is serving his mission
He said of his childhood that it was full of sadness and sorrow
He didn't know what he wanted to be when he grew up and tried several different professions before becoming an artist
He painted over 900 paintings and 1200 drawings
His most famous painting is Starry Starry Night
The last words he spoke were "The sadness will last forever."
We were grateful that our childhoods are so different from his, and that our lives are not full of sadness.
We were sure to protect the cloths and the table from the Non-Washable paint. Risky, I know, to take on the endeavor of a painting project with kids and non-washable paint, but surprisingly there were no casualty among the cloths or anywhere in the kitchen.
The girls were all geared up with the brushes of choice....let the painting begin!
Zachary tried to "clean" his canvas because he wanted to start over again. He didn't like how the night overtook his guy. We were able to bring the guy back into focus with a little more paint...here are the finished products!
I think we have some artists is the making! Here is something I'd do differently...if we do an artist again I'd have the kids do their own imitation of a specific painting of that artist.
3 comments:
You are SOOOO creative! I want to be just like you when I grow up... too bad I'm already older than you! Love the new look on your blog- how'd you do it? I don't know how to do that! Fun family times!
wow! Look at you!! You deserve extra mom points!
You are AMAZING!
Love it!
Kim
Post a Comment