My mother!
My mom is an amazing woman, so if I even slightly feel like her it's a great thing. One thing about her is that she is a wonderful cook. She loves to feed her family, and feed them well. She is a woman of service, and one of the many ways she serves her family and others is in kitchen with countless hours over sinks, counters, stoves and ovens. I remember hearing sounds coming from the kitchen in the early hours of the morning as a girl, especially around the holidays. When asked what she was doing, she'd just reply "oh, puttering" (her words not mine!)
So tonight (really I should say morning) when I found myself unable to go back to sleep after being up with a sick child what did I do...that's right, I "puttered!" And it didn't dawn on me until I was assembling Tahoe Brunch (our make the day ahead wonderful breakfast casserole) for Christmas morning at 3:30 a.m. that I had become my mother at least in this one aspect.
So Abby, McKenna and any other future daughters I might someday have...25/30 years from now if you find yourself "puttering" around the kitchen in the early hours of the morning, I hope you think of your Grandma Daines and not only what an amazing cook she is, but what an amazing life of love and service she lives, especially to those she holds most dear.
No comments:
Post a Comment