Our first event was the Marathon where McKenna took home the gold running a distance of almost half a mile.
Before each event the kids would march around holding the sign for that particular event while we sang the Olympic them song. We had our own version of the Redeem Team for our second event. Despite Zachary's amazing follow through, Abby and McKenna tied for gold each making 15 points.
Even though Abby had impeccable form, it was McKenna's starting run that won her the gold in our Javelin throw
Zachary had a great starting position as he was first out of the blocks for the 50 meter dash up the sidewalk. With a little help from the judges Abby squeaked by McKenna to win this race.
After a great example set by Bret, the kids tested their balance on the balance beam.
McKenna was steady and never faltered once. Zachary showed off his crazy hops and Abby demonstrated graceful elegance. But first place went to Zachary.
After a slight balance check Abby was able to remain on the beam and finish her routine with beautiful leg extensions.
Can the judge win the gold for this amazing form?I never knew I was married to such an amazing long jumper!
McKenna out jumped them all in the long jump winning her another Gold.
Zachary won first place in our cycling event. Yes, his distance was a little shorter, but boy was he determined to finish strong.
After a quick lunch break to refuel these amazing athletes, we headed down to the pool to finish with the water events. Zachary opted out of the water events. Abby demonstrated a smooth cannon ball roll entry. But McKenna won the gold with her beautiful lines as she entered the water.
Abby dominated the swimming events as she placed first in the both the 50 meter freestyle and 50 meter breast stroke.
While Gavin missed out on the earlier events of the day, he woke up just in time to watch his sisters compete in the pool.
I just love McKenna in goggles and that big toothless smile!
The girls showed off their ribbons from the water event.
Later that night we enjoyed our closing ceremonies of Chinese take-out and watching the Olympics on TV. We had to give it up to our three little Olympians. They put forth their best effort and showed amazing sportsmanship. They all have hearts of Gold!
3 comments:
That's so fun you did this Em! We did it too except I was like 25 and I was competing against some college friends. I won the gold by the way. :)
That looked like a lot of fun, I hope Mike will be as willing once we have kids old enough to do such fun activities
Ok, I'm starting from the beginning. This is SOOOO fun! You do such great things with your kids Emily. I have so many things to copy from you. :)
Post a Comment