Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Second Day Woes
Oh why can't kids just be nice to each other?! So today was the second day of Kindergarten for McKenna, but the first full day. When she came home yesterday she told me all about a little girl that she made friends with and she was very excited about it. Making friends has been a big concern of hers as she starts school. Today I pick her up and in talking to her about the day she told me that she went to stand by this same little girl in line and the girl turned to her and told her she couldn't stand by her and she wasn't her friend anymore. How could someone say that to my sweet little McKenna? McKenna said, "I guess she just found a new friend." I told her that the little girl was missing out on having such an amazing friend because McKenna was the best. In spite of this she had a wonderful day and loved her first real day of Kindergarten. I admire her for not letting this ruin her experience. What a great example, I always learn so much from my kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment