The dreaded day has arrived. The girls are back in school and I'm so sad. Yes, I am one of those mothers that cries on the first day of school, the days leading up to the first day, and even a few days after the first day. I have had such a great summer with them home and around all the time. I am really going to miss them. I have LOVED not having a schedule, being able to stay up late with them and all sleep in, and doing whatever we wanted during the day. And now
McKenna is in all day kindergarten. I am going to miss her so much!!! She is so much fun to have around. So full of life and energy and joy. She is so helpful with Gavin and around the house. I cry just thinking about how much I miss her. We had a sweet morning and everything was going smoothly. We knelt down for family prayer and
McKenna asked me to say a special prayer for her. So as I was praying about each child individually I started crying when it came to
McKenna. I really didn't want her to see my emotion because she is so excited. But when I opened my eyes she had tears in her eyes too. She gave me a big hug and said, "I'm really going to miss you mommy." Last night when she realized that she was going to be at school during Gavin's doctor appointment this week she teared up, grabbed both of his little hands and said, "Oh Gavin, I wont be there to hold you hand when you get your shots. I'm sorry buddy." She is such a light in my life and I miss her already. Of course I miss Abby too and I cried about her going back to school, but there is just something about sending that little 5 year old off to kindergarten. I pray that she is able to influence others and not be influenced upon (unless of course it's for the better.) I know growing up is part of life, but why oh why can't I freeze time?

McKenna was all ready for Kindergarten with her Hannah Montana backpack.

The cutest 5 year old in Kindergarten!

Abby is so excited for second grade!
I'm so glad they have each other.
It was the sweetest thing. While walking into the school the first morning the girls automatically reached for each others hands. What a blessing it is to have two very different girls who love each other and rely upon each other so much! YEAH for sisters!

We had a great first day of school party. There were twelve girls in our home to celebrate the first day of school with us. I love making this pencil cake on the first day of school each year and celebrating with the kids. We ate the cake and ice cream and played some fun games. Everyone shared their favorite part about the day and really loved being all together. Let me tell you though, 12 girls have A LOT of energy!
2 comments:
This post makes me want to be a better mom. So beautiful Em and I loved the cake. I saw that on family fun magazine though you probably just thought it up all on your own. :)
Cute. I especially love McKenna being sad that she wouldn't be able to hold Gavin's hand during his shots. That is precious. :)
Post a Comment