Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sisters Day

This is one of my very favorite traditions! Sisters are a precious gift and definitely need to be celebrated. (We also do a brother's day, but that's not what this blog is about.) I have been so blessed with two amazing sisters and wonderful sister-in-laws. I would definitely not be who I am today without their examples and righteous influence. Not only have they helped me become who I am but they are helping me become who I want to be. I am so grateful to see the special bond of sisterhood between Abby and McKenna. These two are very different, but amazingly close. I've come to a realization lately that I am so blessed that they get a long so great. I think that I take that for granted a lot. They truly are the best of friends and attached at the hip. Here are some of my favorite sister quotes.


"How do people make it through life without a sister?"--Sara Corpening
"She takes my hand and leads me along paths I would not have dared explore alone."--Mava V. Patel

"A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost."--Marion C. Garretty
"There is no better friend than a sister. And there is no better sister than you."
"A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life."--Isadora James
"A sister is a forever friend."

We started out Sisters Day with breakfast in bed. McKenna wanted Captain Crunch and Abby picked cinnamon rolls. YUMMY. Amazingly there were no spills! Then they opened a little present. This year we gave them Best Friends angel bracelets.

The girls were kind enough to share their special Sisters Day with our Crane Olympics. But after we were done with the Olympics we still tried to make it special for them. We painted fingers and toes, did their hair with glitter in it. We had a dance party. But the best part of all was when they shared what they loved most about each other. Abby said she loved how McKenna always shared and tried to make her happy. McKenna said how she loved that Abby always wanted to play with her. I love my two beautiful girls and I am grateful more than words can say that they love each other so deeply. I pray they always remember what a special gift they have in each other.

No comments: