born in Frisco, Texas weighing 9 pounds 3 ounces, 21 1/2 inches long.
I came across these pictures we had done and realized I don't think I'd ever blogged them. This is Gavin at 4 months.
And then there were these...Gavin at 12 months 



And now there are these...Gavin at TWO!

I honestly LOVE how simple birthdays can be when they are this age. Eating yummy cake and opening anything that is covered in colorful wrapping paper....
For example...Abby, McKenna and Zachary went "shopping" in our very own playroom! (All on their own I might add.) Zachary came out with a baggie full of goodies, ranging from cars, to trains, Star Wars figures, and helicopters. Abby grabbed Gavin's Mickey Mouse stuffed animal when he wasn't looking to hide for the big day. And McKenna made her own street map for Gavin to drive his cars on complete with car. As adorable as this all was, it was even more adorable to see how excited Gavin was about this "re-gifting." He honestly was just as excited about these as he was the new things.
Driving an old car on Mckenna's map
He was pretty excited about some new big clunky rescue hero guys.
I love how he's just staring at this big police truck. What I wouldn't give to know what he was thinking! I imagine it goes something like this..."Wow, big truck! Big truck! Big truck! Mine truck! Mine Truck! Mine Truck! YEA!"
Gavin got really excited about his Car Cake. He walked around all day saying, "car cake" and it was the first thing he told Bret when he walked in the door.

However when we put two candles in it he wasn't sure about that at all! I think he was concerned the whole cake would catch fire. He was really concerned and what I love about this picture is how his sisters on either side of him are holding his hands comforting him.
He even managed to blow out his candles...it only took four tries!
Happy Birthday Gavin! Here are some things about Gavin at two:
- At his two year check up he was off the charts for height, 90% for weight, and 90% for head! Like I said, he's always been my BIG boy!
- He loves his daddy, always has.
- He is fiercely independent, which is a struggle anytime we are walking in a street or parking lot as he absolutely refuses to be held or hold my hand.
- He is a GREAT sleeper.
- He adores his siblings.
- He will not play alone, even in the backyard. (It's a good thing that in his mind Sadie counts as someone being out there with him!)
- He loves to be sung to every night and before every nap.
- He has oatmeal each and every morning unless I make pancakes.
- He loves to say: NO WAY! Love you. Bee-ball. Saaee (Sadie.) Abby. Zack. K-K (this is what he calls McKenna since he can't say her name.) Choo-choo. More please. Bye bye. No no no saaee, bad boy. Come saaee. Sit Saaee. MAAAA (which he yells really loud to anyone he's trying to their attention or talk to.)
- I cannot leave him alone while I shower, if I do somehow broken eggs end up all over the kitchen floor.
- He has us all wrapped around his finger.
- He loves to run, run run.
- He is a hard little guy. And by this I mean he does not take well to strangers. He will not look at them, smile at them, or talk to the and instead does a little scowl hoping they will go away.
- He is one tough little cookie.
- He yells "AMEN" constantly through prayers...even at church!
- He LOVES chicken nuggets and hot dogs
- He is adorable!
- He brings so much pure love and joy into our home.
- He is a precious gift
WE LOVE YOU GAVIN!!!











1 comment:
I remember when he was born! Hard to believe he's already two. Miss you guys.
p.s. sounds like his list of "words" is getting longer - yeah!!
Post a Comment