Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lunchbox Love

A friend of mine, (and mom of Abby's best friend) gave me these as a little going away gift. And all I can say is LOVE them, definitely a new favorite thing.

I love putting notes in my kids lunches. And my kids love them too. Abby and McKenna have actually kept all of theirs from the entire school year in a pocket in their lunchbox. But some mornings I am just clueless as to what to write. I mean really, how many different ways can you say basically the same thing in a school year? And some mornings I just don't feel all that creative. That is where these come in! They are positive, funny, and have some really interesting facts! For example:
  • Did you know? Almonds are members of the peach family.
  • Did you know? To escape the grip of a crocodile's jaws, punch your thumbs into its eyeballs.
  • Did you know? That there are more chickens than people in the world.
  • Did you know? A cat's urine glows under a black light.

You get the idea. So great, kids love them. Then on the other side is the love, personal note.

  • Your smile brightens my day
  • Your thoughts and opinions matter to me
  • Do something kind for someone today
  • My favorite job is taking care of you

So great! You can find them here.

1 comment:

alisha said...

Mikaela LOVES her lunch notes. She also keeps them and apparently shows them to her friends because she has told me some nice/funny comments from time to time.

One of the most memorable was one day last year I did a little acrostic with her name (wrote her name vertically, put an adjective describing her for each letter of her name). She came home and said that one of the boys in her class thinks she is hot - he would put HOT for the H in her last name. :)

I am in the same boat with trying to come up with something new each morning. Some faves have been the acrostic, a maze, a silly poem, little quotes (like the golden rule), having Jason or Mike make it, math facts (b/c she loves them), a riddle or something with a new clue each day, cutting it up to make a little puzzle...I don't know what else.

I love the trivia idea. I'm going to have to use that - or get some of those cards myself.