McKenna and Ms. Wood on the fist day of school...
and last day of school
1st grade here I come!
Abby and Ms. Horton on the first day of school...
and the last day of school.
Wow, next year she'll be in third grade!
I went and spent some time with Abby in her classroom for a little bit before school got out. She was sitting on the couch by herself and this is the conversation we had.
A: Mom, how do you make yourself cry? Do you think of really sad things?
M: Ya, that generally works. You cry when you're really really sad.
A: Well that's what I'm doing. I'm thinking about never seeing Ms. Horton again and that's really sad and it's not working!
M: Do you want to cry?
A: YES. I'm really really sad, but I can't cry.
Can you tell it's been a great year for her? Abby has been reading Oliver Twist in the classroom, a personal book of Ms. Horton's that her parents gave her when she was young, and Ms. Horton gave it to Abby so she could finish it and because she knew how much Abby was enjoying it. As a mom I'm so grateful when my kids have teachers that make such a positive impact in their lives, and this was definitely one of those teachers. It was a great year for both of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment