Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Sunday

Happy Easter!


I love Easter. I love the opportunity to focus on the Savior more fully. I love the opportunity to teach my children. I love the yummy food. I love the new matching Sunday dresses and outfits. I love new books in the Easter baskets. I love the spring and the flowers. It lets me know summer is just around the corner and the kids will be out of school. (Hurray!)

Gavin was feeling a little under the weather and was not having it for pictures.

It rained in the morning as we were heading out to church but cleared up nicely in the afternoon. Bret's parents were in town this weekend (more on their visit later) and Mike, Brooke and Eden came over for dinner as well. It was oh so yummy! This year we started a new tradition that I loved! We made these cookies on Saturday where with each ingredient added you read some scriptures from the New Testament that teach about the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. (for example: vinegar, how eggs symbolize life and Jesus is the life of the world) You place them in the oven overnight and then in the morning they have risen a little and are hollow in the middle just like the empty tomb on that first Easter Morning. It was a beautiful, hands on, visual teaching moment.

No comments: