When we first moved here we had a ton of wolf spiders in our back yard. They are creeping looking and I hate them. I've done my research and they are poisonous, but non aggressive. (As if that is supposed to bring me any comfort) We've also found 4 black widows, yes 4! One was in our garage and the other three were in our back yard. When I found the one in the garage I would not let anyone in the garage until Bret killed it that night. I parked in the driveway and we came in the house through the back door. And all day until Bret got home I was uptight and anxious. But we haven't seen any of these for several months now, and I've been feeling better.
And yes, we DO have pest control!
Well today I found TWO BROWN RECLUSE spiders in our garage, actually on the bottom of the garage door. AHHHHHH!!!! Not only are these extremely poisonous spiders but they are aggressive as well. (found that out in my research of the wolf spiders.) Definitely not happy today. To top it all off Bret is out of town! I couldn't even wait for him to get home to kill them. But I had to be a good mama and protect my youngin's. I kept all the kids inside. They were not allowed to come out and watch even from a distance. I got out some pest spray we have and killed them. And yes, I screamed as they fell from the garage door. Brets words of comfort to me were, "at least they weren't inside the house." Yah that's a good thing, but not bringing much comfort. I know spiders serve a purpose, but I really would have been happy if Heavenly Father had made this world "spider-free!"
It took major guts on my part to get underneath it to take a picture. Even looking at it my heart is racing!
This is the spider all dead in a pool of pesticide.
3 comments:
Emily you funny girl, it is cracking me up that you took a picture of dead spiders in a puddle of pesticide. How did you know they were brown recluse? I've never seen one, only in pictures. Justin found a big black widow in the extra seat for our van when we got it out this week. After hearing your story and Julie's I'm ready to go home and call up a pest control company right away! Any suggestions?
we had a few spiders that would just crawl out from between all our boxes the first few days in our apartment. and then after i see them it feels like they are crawling on my arms and legs, it's no good.
You are Hilarious! I'm proud of you for being so brave. We have lots of black widows and wolf spiders. I never knew that wolf spiders were poisonous, oops. I have however, always had a HUGE fear of the brown recluse. I've been told that you can loose your skin to the bone if they bite you.
Fortunately I've never seen one here. Hopefully this is making you want to come back to AZ to get away from those dangerous spiders:)
Post a Comment