Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"Surprise Me"

Tonight the three big kids were gone.  Basketball, scouts, Activity Days.

Bret is out of town. Grayson was down for the night.  It was quiet.

Gavin had been in the bath tub and then came down all nice and clean with his hair combed.

I wrapped my arms around him and held him tight on my lap and smelled the clean kid smell I love so very much.

Then I cupped his little face in my hands and told him I didn't think I was going to be able to let him go to Kindergarten in the fall because I was just going to miss him too much.  What would I ever do without him and I would miss him giving me hugs or telling me "Mom, I love you" 27 times throughout the day.  He then proceeded to tell me all the reasons why he wanted to go to kindergarten which included waking up early, riding the bus, eating lunch at school and playing with his friends.

Then he said, "Mom, I know what you can do!  You can surprise me and clean the whole house!"

Funny on so many levels and for so many reasons.


3 comments:

Brookel said...

love this, makes me want to go hug and snuggle my boys right now before they grow up and leave to school

Jackie said...

i love my nephew. Also, LOVED your christmas posts. your traditions are amazing.

Ashley Crane said...

Hahah that was so funny! Love that kid! He's so a mini Jeff!