Friday, January 18, 2013

Our "Snow" Day

What was already scheduled to be a four day weekend turned out to be an unexpected five day weekend.  I don't think I'll ever get used to the cancellation of schools due to "expected" storms.  

Don't get me wrong.  I will take a "snow" day any time.  I LOVE them.  For me they are days to drop everything, bake, play games with the kids, watch movies and really try to soak up and enjoy those unexpected and unscheduled hours with my children.

A snow day in our house typically looks something like this....

hours spent in good books

some wii time

There is always some sort of baking that will be taking place.  On this particular snow day Abby helped me make Bret's birthday cake and cinnamon rolls for the weekend.

The table is usually covered is one game or another

This is what our "snow day" looked like outside...really, just a bunch of rain
At 4:00 in the afternoon some of those rain drops turned into snow flakes, but it didn't last long

And on snow days our house is usually full of friends.  Abby had Evelyn and Melina over to play games and hang out.

All things that make me happy!

Like I said, I'll take a snow day any time I can!

No comments: