Bret's parents came to visit us Memorial Day weekend. It was great to see them and the kids had a wonderful time with Grandma and Grandpa.
Sunday Zachary and McKenna read to Grandpa while Abby, Pauline and I made dinner...or rather Grandpa had a little cat-nap while they both read.

The kids rolled down the hill
And then Gavin, McKenna and Bret ran full force down the hill. Gavin's face cracks me up.


McKenna was able to convince Grandpa to race her down the hill
We came home, played some games, set up the tent, played in the back yard and had a little fire and s'mores.

That night we broke in our new tent as a family. It was a lot of fun. I made it till 5:00 a.m. when I got tired of sleeping on a deflated air mattress. Bret came in the house shortly thereafter because the birds were too loud. But the kids LOVED it and claimed to have gotten the best nights rest ever.
Sadie was the one who loved the tent the most. She didn't want to get out and then would claw at it to get back in. I think she just loved us all sleeping together and she could curl up to whoever she wanted to during the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment