It's been wonderful and so much fun. But man alive, has it been busy. I love having my children around, even if it means I'm cleaning the kitchen 5 or 6 times a day. Here's what we've had going on the past week and a half.
- Swim team practice every day from 8-9 and again 9-10.
- Two 7-hour swim meats (which are very fun to entertain a three year old at who is not allowed in the pools.)
- Our 12 year anniversary.---love ya babe!
- Ward weekend temple trip.
- 3 hour primary Olympic games activity during ward temple trip to plan, organize and execute.
- 2 extra girls for 3 days while their parents were at treck.
- Father's Day...my kids sure have a wonderful father. I was raised by an amazing father and my father-in-law is incredible also. How did we ever get so lucky to be surrounded by men such as these?!!
- 2 day, all day, basketball camp for Abby and McKenna.
- A sick dog who had three days of diarrhea and vomiting...not so fun to clean up.
This doesn't really seam like that much as I'm writing it all done. But for some reason I have been barely keeping my head above water. Most of the time I'm sinking. In fact, I had a little melt down yesterday about how I feel so overwhelmed.
So today is officially "Take Back Control of My Life and House Day."
We took a day off from swim team.
Sense three people in my family were out of clean underwear, I decided it must be time to do laundry...10 loads later I'm done.
Abby helped me clean out my fridge and it was nice to be reminded what the back of the shelves look like.
I cleaned up the dreaded "drop zone" in our kitchen and that alone has made me feel so much better.
Zachary and I made peach pie. yummy.
And I'm even taking a moment for myself to record all this, hoping it's therapeutic.
3 comments:
You are a wonderful mother Em! Sometimes the days seem long, but I promise the years go by so fast!
that sounded like a lot to me, when I hear 7 hour meet that's a day right there. one more week then VACATION, just try to forget about the drive to get there. :)
I feel like my house is such a mess in the summer, but having the kids home is so worth it! And then there's the laundry--Carly just doesn't get that wearing 4 different outfits a day is not fun for me. :) Hopefully you can get everything done in this next week before you leave. Good luck!
Post a Comment