Friday, June 10, 2011

Last Day

Finally, it's the last day of school!!!! I couldn't be more excited. In fact, I'm a little giddy. I woke up at 5:20 this morning just because I was so excited for summer. I know, weird!

This morning I took the kids to school, delivered our teacher gifts, and took the last day of school picture with their teachers. I have a love/hate relationship with these first day of school/last day of school picture comparisons. I love seeing the change in my kids, but I hate how they grow up so fast. And nothing accentuates that more than side by side comparisons over a 9 month period.
Abby's first day of school...
Last day of school...
Yah, she grew like a weed this year!!!!

McKenna's first day of school...
Last day of school...
She grew a ton too, just harder to see because her teacher is hunching down. The biggest thing to me is how much more mature her face looks.

Zachary's first day...
Last day...
Our teacher gifts for the end of the year...
The note said,
Thank you for "rising" to the challenge; big or small,
for being there when you were "kneaded,"
for helping to "heel" with TLC,
for never "loafing" on the job.
No matter how you "slice" it,
You're the Best!

(Thanks Julie for the fabulous idea!)

And now in two short hours they will step off that bus, (a few will be in tears) and they will be all mine!!! Summer will officially begin and we'll have a pizza and pool party with their friends to celebrate!

1 comment:

Jules said...

So cute! Love the first day/last day pics! Unfortunately, I only have Hannah and Barrett to compare because my middle schoolers are WAY TOO COOL for pics! Love the bread too! I stole the poem from another source-- so thank whoever it was!? Ha ha. You coming out this way this summer? I wish!!!