I've been noticeably absent from the blogging world lately. Not intentionally, but when life seems to be short on time it's an easy thing to push to the side. Between doctors appointments, hair appointments, volunteering in the class room, painting two sets of french doors, redoing kitchen cabinets, laundry, dinners, watching friends children, cleaning, birthdays, company coming, baptism planning, trips to Costco, picture wall updating, errands that take so much longer because things are so far away, cuddling, reading, playing with the boys, homework, managing chore sticks, workbooks with Zachary, changing diapers, calming emotions that run high...have I mentioned laundry, cleaning and cooking already?
These are all good things. But it seems like the last little while there just haven't been enough hours in the day. Last night I found myself doing breakfast dishes at 8:00 p.m. right along with dinner dishes...I hate that. I wish I was one of those women who could completely function with four hours of sleep. But that is NOT me! And my family would not appreciate it if I tried to be. It's not as if these things are going to disappear, because they aren't, nor do I want them to. But next week I hope to find some much needed down time to catch up. And I have to say I've missed blogging, both updating my own and catching up on friends and family. I've found that it really helps me capture the moment and enjoy what each day brings with my children.
So here's what I want to remember to blog about...
- U2 concert (let me just say now...AMAZING!!!)
- lesson learned the hard way
- kitchen makeover
- Abby's baptism
- McKenna's birthday
- Wednesday night picnics
- new area of focus
1 comment:
You are truly amazing Em!! We had such a wonderful time with you and your beautiful family! It really is all worth it.
Post a Comment