Friday Bret met her for lunch and I took in Lady Bug cupcakes to school and read a book to her class.
After all the events of the day...(the baptism, Monticello and Carter's Mountain Apple Orchard) we finally made it back home to open presents and roast some marshmallows in the back yard.
She was so happy with her alarm clock, watch and ultra soft robe.
7 Things I love About McKenna
- McKenna is a spark of life and joy. She has the amazing ability to be happy 99% of the time...including early mornings. Her happiness and joy is contagious and can't help but spill over to all around her.
- McKenna is one of the most empathetic and caring souls I have ever known. She is quick to notice the feelings of others and would give anything and everything to make someone happy.
- McKenna has a natural athletic ability. Her coordination, athleticism, and speed will help her do well in any sport she puts her mind to.
- McKenna is goofy, and I mean this in a good way. She keeps us laughing with her hilarious antics.
- She has a very special and tender relationship with Gavin. From early on these two connected in a special way. She is watchful, loving, and full of concern. This affection is returned as McKenna holds a special place in Gavin's heart.
- McKenna is our animal lover. This love originated with dogs, but recently has taken her to become our own family animal activist. She does not want us to kill anything in our house (including ants, spiders and flies) but rather carefully take them outside and set them free. This is rubbing off a little as the last two spiders we've found Bret has set them free outside rather then down the toilet.
- McKenna is full of goodness. There are a million examples I could give of this, but I'll just share this one. Her kindergarten experience was not the best for her. She had a teacher who yelled a lot and having the tender heart that she does this was very difficult. Her first grade year is going wonderfully and has a teacher who is kind, patient and never raises his voice. One day at the beginning of school she was expressing how much she likes her teacher because he doesn't yell, I said, "That must be nice especially sense Ms. Wood yelled a lot." Her reply was wonderfully sweet. She said, "Yea, but I don't want to say anything mean about her."
We Love You McKenna! Happy Birthday
1 comment:
Wow - you really have those birthdays all at once!
Happy Birthday McKenna! She is such a sweet girl - what an amazing thing to be able to be so happy and loving all the time. (We're needing a little bit more of that around here right now - so I'm extra-impressed!) :)
Post a Comment