Saturday, May 30, 2009

Fun Friday of Parties

Friday was such a fun day with going from one party to the next...even though the reason for the parties is not so fun.

After school on Friday we headed to the pool where we had a going away swim party for McKenna and Abby's l class. It was so fun and the kids had a blast. Their teachers even showed up which made their day. Abby's best friend Elizabeth and her mom helped put this together and provided Popsicles for all the kids. Completely uncharacteristic of me though...I completely forgot to take pictures! These are the only two I got...Abby and one of her best friends Austin and McKenna and her friend Megan.

After the pool party we headed over to the Smith's home for a going away open house. It was so much fun, we loved being able to really chat with people in a fun social setting before we take off. We think the world of Derrek and Meredith, A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. people, great family. I think of Meredith's friendship as a gift, I'm a better person from knowing her. She's fun, uplifting, inspiring and good. But I can say the same thing for many others, and that's what is so wonderful. We've only been here a little more then a year but we've been surrounded by good, good people. So thanks guys for a fun, memorable night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gonna miss you...