Thank you for allowing me (Bret) to be the guest writer for this post. Emily asked that I tell no one...so instead I will post it on the blog.
Before I get to the story, you should know that earlier this week Emily pulled a stomach muscle during "boot camp" and has been in pain ever since.
Emily is a big Chris Allen fan. In all the seasons of American Idol, I have only seen her vote 3 times and all three were yesterday for the Conway boy.
Fast forward to tonight where Emily is waiting on the edge of her seat to see if her contestant won. When the results were announced, she leaps into the air with fists pumping. For those of you that know Emily, this is highly unusual. She is not easily excitable and this is the first time in our marriage that I have seen her literally jump for joy.
Chris Allen is announced as the winner and Emily jumps in air in triumph, moans in pain and crumples to the couch in the fetal position all in one motion. As He sings the winning song, Emily is cursing herself for not remembering the pulled muscle in her stomach.
It was truly a bitter sweet moment.
P.S. Emily has reviewed and, with some coaxing, "blessed" this post.
2 comments:
Ha ha! I can totally picture it. :)
Dear Bret,
The reason she hasn't voted before was because she thought all along that it cost money. I convinced her otherwise at the ill-fated "boot camp" shortly before her demise. I'm really sorry I did.
Meredith
Post a Comment