Tomorrow is our big Fort Worth, train excursion that goes to the Fort Worth stock yards and simulates an old train robbery...so tonight at dinner we did a little prepping and set the stage...
Bret: You know guys, this train is really old and sometimes there are still robbery's that happen, so we better be pretty careful.
All kids wide eyed and mouths open
McKenna: Do the robbers steal children?
Bret: No sweetheart, just money
Abby: Will they steal our cloths if we are wearing fancy clothes, you know, like fine clothes?
Bret: I don't know, that's a good question
Zachary: Will they steal my Star Wars shirt?
Later while cleaning up Bret had the kids come into the kitchen one at a time and asked the following question...
Bret: If the robbers came on the train, and made you choose one member of our family that they were going to take with them, who would you choose?
Horrible question to ask, I know. But I have to admit I was curious to hear their responses.
Abby: I would choose myself, because I love my family and don't want anything bad to happen to them.
McKenna: Long pause, she's really thinking hard... Zachary, because sometimes he cries a lot.
Zachary: NOBODY!
Bret: What if you had to or the robbers would take our whole family.
Zachary:Maybe Mommy could make them food to give them instead like white chocolate popcorn. (which I was making for our family movie night)
Bret: That's a good idea. What if they take the popcorn and still make you pick someone.
Zachary: Well, maybe McKenna, because sometimes she "be's" mean to me
A few minutes later Abby came in and asked...
Abby: Did you ask us this to see who was the most righteous?
Do I need to be worried about that relationship that they picked each other? Hopefully tomorrow the robbers will not make us choose who they have to take with them, that they will like white chocolate popcorn, and that we haven't freaked our kids out too much to enjoy the experience! :)
1 comment:
this is hilarious
Post a Comment