Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day 2009

Today is one of my favorite days of the year. I love to honor and celebrate Motherhood. I treasure the moments of reflection, the yearning to be better, and overwhelming gratitude that fills my heart.

I have been blessed. There is no other way to state it. My entire life I have been surrounded by amazing women and mothers. From my own mother who continues to inspire, nurture, nourish and uplift not only me but my children as well, to sisters and sister-in-laws who show forth an incredible example of faithful mothering and great friends who who teach by example. The association of incredible women is a true treasure in my life.

Today I want to take a moment to express my love and gratitude for my angel mother. She is a woman of God in every way. She is gentle and meek, kind and loving and embodies charity in all she does. She is one who is quick to serve. She loves the Lord, His gospel, and His ordained and chosen servants. She is the first to call and share the journeys of life and the twists and turns that come my way. I clearly remember walking out of the doctors office a little more then a year ago when I first moved here to Texas. I had been told I was in pre-term labor, was being sent to the hospital, would be on bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy...not to mention we were moving into our new home in three days. After calling Bret my fingers immediately dialed home. I didn't know how but I knew she was going to help. We didn't talk long but she told me it was going to all be OK and she was going to take care of things. And I knew she would. Within the hour she was calling Bret to tell him that not only was she coming to take care of our family but my sisters as well. This is such a vivid memory to me and I still feel the emotion as I think of it. She knew just what I needed then as she always has and still does today; whether that be an empathetic listening ear, encouragement and faith, wise counsel and advice, or simple expressions of love and confidence. She is a mother who Knows!

I find absolute and complete joy in Motherhood. I am overcome with gratitude for the four beautiful children my Heavenly Father has blessed me with. I know it is a sacred trust. There is nothing of greater value or higher importance. I feel the need and importance of living close to the Spirit so that I can be guided and prompted with what they stand in need of, how to best love and support them. And how grateful I am that I am able to spend each and every day with those I love most. While many in the world express losing personal identity when children come, motherhood makes me who I am and that is where I find my identity. Who is Emily Crane? I am a daughter of God. I am a loving wife. I am a Mother. And I am blessed.

On this Mother's Day I was spoiled. Bret and the kids made a delicious meal of Parmesan Chicken. Yummy! I was given a plethora of pictures and the girls each made me coupon books of foot rubs, back massages, and chores. I took a nap and cashed in some of those coupons...Abby and McKenna each gave me a 20 min. foot rub! Thanks for the best Mother's Day ever guys! LOVE YOU!!!

No comments: