The brief run-down of our night...
ice storm
power goes out (only for an hour or so)
Bret goes to the store to get batteries
3:00 a.m. Bret wakes up with the most server pain in his abdomen
3:45 a.m. we head to the ER
roads covered in ice
stopping 3 times for Bret to throw up
pain medicine, blood work and one cat scan later...
1 kidney stone 80% passed
2 kidney stones still in the kidney
Family trip in 2 days??
uncertain about terms of medical coverage
silver lining: the stones should be small enough to pass on their own without surgery
4 comments:
That's terrible. Poor Bret!
two more! is he going to overload on meds so he can be practically unconscious for the next two days? that's rough
I guess when it rains on your family it pours. What a crazy time for you. We hope everything will work out and that Bret is feeling better soon!
Oh Emily! I'm so sorry; that is the worst. I hope that Bret is feeling better and that you have been able to manage while he's been out-of-commission.
Post a Comment