Monday, January 5, 2009

Back To It

Well it's arrived...no matter how strongly I tired to ignore it or wish this day wouldn't come. The kids are back in school. And I am a sad mother. I loved the break. I love sleeping in (which my kids are very good at doing), I love being on our own schedule, if we want to watch a movie we do, I love the games, I love the pure imaginative creative play time, I love eating breakfast at 10:30 instead of 6:30, I love not rushing our evenings to get them in bed by 8:00, I love taking time, I love having my children home and around.

I hate the alarm clocks, the "hurry and get dressed...have you made your bed yet...don't forget to brush your teeth...have you said your prayers...come on, lets make your lunch." And then they're gone but as soon as they return it's "what do you want for snack...OK, homework time...have you done your reading...come on Abby, lets do some math flashcards...you still have a couple more chore sticks left"...dinner...clean up...showers...and before I know it they're in bed.

But don't get me wrong, my house has definitely been needing this day to come with messes to clean, laundry to be done, papers to go through, organization to be made. Back to the swing of things. I just needed my few moments of morning before I move on and enjoy the journey of each day weather it is vacation or not.

1 comment:

Katie L. said...

I'm with you. I have been sad in the morning when it is time to get out of bed. And the craziest part of my day is always between 3:30 and 7:30 pm, I could always use a couple more hours in there.