Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Gourmet Dinner

Our Heavenly Evening is now finished and complete and what a night it was! It was so much work, but I loved it. I've come to realize first hand that this is not just about cooking and learning new techniques, although that is a huge part of it. It really is about creating. Creating an atmosphere, a table, food, conversations, feelings, warmth and love. I loved the creating part of the whole experience. At the end of the night even though I was exhausted and my body hurt all over, I was literally on cloud 9, so happy with how everything turned out. Our theme for the evening was Heaven and we asked everyone to come dressed in white. The table was all done in white and we tied the food in by having a main ingredient of each course be white.

From the ceiling we had silver stars and white clouds (Chinese lanterns) hanging at different length and tons of candles on the table to provide all the lighting. It was beautiful and came together so well.


Individual place settings

Our menu consisted of:


Nectar of the Gods (a lemon/mint ice drink)

Sourdough Bread with Marinated Manchego Cheese and Sauteed Peppers

Peppery Beef Kebab's with Braised Pearl Onions

Classic Cheese Souffle (one of my favorite of the whole night)

Mixed Green and Baby Artichoke Salad

White Bean Soup (I even loved this and I don't like beans!)

Oven Roasted Lamb with Whipped Potatoes and Heavenly Sauces

Kiwi-Pomegranate Angel Pies (another favorite)

and French Hot Chocolate

Bret and Cameron were hard at work the entire night, peeling potatoes and doing TONS of dishes. They were AMAZING! (They did get some good food out of it!)

Bret was so supportive and so incredibly helpful! We couldn't have done it without them.

The highlight for me of the whole evening was at the end when we presented everyone with their party gift. We got everyone individual Willow Tree Angels that were unique to them and presented it to them in front of the whole group explaining why we choose the angel we did for them. Truly they are angels on earth.

My partner Anne and me. I learned so much from her and am grateful we were partners.

The entire group of wonderful ladies.

P.S. My hives did not flare up once all day on Saturday and did not bother me that night at all. By Sunday morning they were mostly gone! Another tender mercy! :)

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Oh, how fun!! What a great idea! I LOVE your theme, and the food looks delicious! Great job Emily!