Thursday, May 21, 2015

Gavin Turns 7

Gavin's birthday feel on a Sunday this year so I went in to bring him lunch on the Friday before his birthday.  I love having lunch with this kid.  He is so loved by everyone around him.  We walked into the lunch room with him and kids from all different classes were yelling hello at him and waving.  Then everyone in his class were arguing over who got to sit by him at the lunch table.  It is something that his teachers consistently tell me about him, he is such a good friend to everyone and so well liked by everyone in the class, so much so that teachers have to tell kids to leave Gavin alone and give him some space.  
Gavin is the best to watch open presents.  His excitement and enthusiasm over what he is opening is unmatched!  It was an aviator birthday for Gavin this year.  Every single present had to do with planes, helicopters or rockets.  Even without knowing everything he was getting he asked for an airplane birthday cake!  
With his own money Zachary bought Gavin a remote control helicopter!
Gavin wasn't very excited about it as you can tell.
The girls gave Gavin a stomp rocket.
And Grandma and Grandpa gave him pretty sweet Star Wars Lego set.
Trying our the stomp rocket...
I was pretty proud of myself for coming up with this cake.  I pretty much made it up as I went and had never used fondant before.  Next time around It would definitely look better because I know what I'd do differently, but this turned out much better then I first thought it would!
Poor Grayson always seems to be asleep when we sing and have birthday cake!  We do save him a piece for later!
Making sure he's making just the right wish...
Seven candles are sure a lot...he didn't get them out all in one breath so had to go in again for a second time.
A few weeks after his birthday we had his birthday party.
Justin, Joel, Colt, Gavin and Jake
We had the boys show up on a Saturday morning and then we took them to play laser tag  It is the best and easiest boy birthday party ever!

7 Things I LOVE about Gavin:
1:   I so love and appreciate your enthusiasm and excitement for life.  
2: You feel things deeply.  You are either extremely happy and excited or extremely sad and distraught about things that upset.  
3:  You play hard.  You have such a wonderful imagination and can play and play and play with your cars, planes, and guys.  I love this about you and hope you never outgrow it!
4:  You have a very tender and giving heart.  When others are sad or down you will do anything you can to help them in any way.
5:  You are a pleaser!  You hate to do anything that could possibly get you in trouble at school.  I think it's a great thing that you want your behavior to make those around you happy.
6:  Gavin you are a wonderful source of light, fun and strength in our family!  I'm so very grateful for you.  
7:  You are a hard worker and diligent in responsibilities that are yours.  This is a remarkable trait that will really help you throughout your entire life.  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAVIN!
WE LOVE YOU!!!



No comments: