Every year Easter is over I make grand plans of how I'd like to do more with the holiday and create better traditions. But then here in Virginia it seems to always come at the end of spring break and it sneaks up on me because I'm focus on spring break and I'm not prepared to do anything special for Easter. This year, while I still have things I want to do differently next year, I realized it was ok that I didn't have this big grand plans that took a lot our of me. It was ok to keep things simple. It was good to focus on the empty tomb and not stress myself out by trying to make a big production out of something. I especially love when Easter falls on General Conference weekend!
The kids woke up to follow their traditional string that leads them to their Easter baskets.
McKenna's string was a little extra tricky by going out our window...
It was the first year being in Virginia that we didn't get together with our Charlottesville family. The Evans were out of town, we had just been at the Harris's house the week before, and it was the very end of spring break. It wasn't the same without all those people we love so much. But it was nice to have a low key weekend. The big kids still put on an Easter egg hunt for the two littles, which they loved!
And even though it was just the two of them, the checking out and trading of candy began.
We did have a house showing on Easter Sunday. (I couldn't believe it...who does that?) But we had a nice time at the park and left our ham and potatoes cooking in the oven. Hopefully it wasn't the smell of those things cooking that didn't make them want to buy the house! McKenna brought her guitar and while the wind kept blowing her music away it was still pretty cool to listen to her jam at the park.
And then because it was General Conference much of the weekend was spent just like this. Gathered together in our family room, bowls of candy on the fireplace, listening to words and messages from our living prophets and apostles. Best weekend of the year!


















No comments:
Post a Comment