The TWELFTH Birthday.
A pretty big milestone if you ask me.
Young Women's.
One more year till official Teenagerhood.
This big 12 year old of mine is pretty amazing.
Who knew she would be so excited about a round object, but when that round object is a volleyball I guess she was!
Other highlights included headphones...
And her own ripstick...
As I've reflected on this past year for Abby I realized just what a big year it was.
It was the year of a big move in the middle of middle school leaving behind a great group of friends, brining about a big trial in her
The year of passing up her mother in height.
The year she got on a plane all by herself for an adventure of a lifetime.
A year of tremendous personal growth.
The year her cooking abilities reached new heights.
The year we celebrated womanhood.
The year she read the Book of Mormon in three weeks, making it the third time she read the Book of Mormon cover to cover before turning 12.
It was the year she became an incredibly good and trustworthy babysitter.
I couldn't be happier with the woman she is becoming. I am thrilled with who she is, the goodness that radiates from her, and the light she brings into the lives of those around her. Abby is truly beautiful on the inside and out. I look at her and think to myself, "How in the world am I lucky enough to be her mother."
She is a gift to me every day.
Happy Birthday Abby dear! I love you!



No comments:
Post a Comment