Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Month In Review

Our January looked something like this....

Zachary spins anything he can get his hands on...even if you would think it was "unspinable"...which drove Abby crazy!

McKenna had a "crazy day" in her class at school...and with the help of her dad she came up with one CRAZY outfit...

Gavin has continued to pray for the baby in every prayer he offers.

I filled out Abby's registration papers for Middle School.  She choose to participate in band and was recommended to take advanced math and honors/advanced language arts.  When did I get old enough to have a daughter in middle school?

Zachary and Bret had a guys night out where they went to the BYU vs. Virginia Tech basketball game where they helped cheer the cougars on to a two point win.

I've been nesting.  Cupboards, closets, drawers...they're all organized! :)

I think that nesting rubbed off on Bret just a little because he decided to re-do our bathroom floor with vinyl tiles...much much better then the green and grey linoleum!

McKenna can't help but play the piano every time she walks by it.  She is constantly practicing and playing her songs....which also drives Abby crazy.

Zachary finished reading the Book of Mormon all on his own.  He shared in primary that his favorite part was Jacob with all the trees because it shows him how much Heavenly Father loves us and how many chances He gives us to return to live with him again.  (Jacob 5 and the allegory of the olive tree)

I am moving in slow motion these days.  I'm done sharing my body.

McKenna was moved up into the gifted math class.  This is a BIG deal for this girl who was worked so hard and always compares herself to Abby and Zachary academically.

Abby started her own book review blog.

Zachary finished up his basketball season and even had a basket in his last game.

The kids and I enjoyed two Mondays of no school...which meant days spent in our PJ's, games, movies and food.

We had a small ice storm that was absolutely beautiful!  It cancelled Saturday basketball games.  Sunday when we drove to church it was absolutely breathtaking!  We're still waiting for that snow storm, and I'm starting to think that it will never come this year.  On this last day of January we even enjoyed 67 degree weather!

Abby continues to grow like a weed.  She is just a few inches shy of being as tall as I am.

McKenna is still in the middle of her basketball season and is really doing well.  Last week she had 14 points, which was more points then the other team combined and half of the points of her own team.  Crazy to think that soccer will start up again the very week basketball ends.

And last but not least Bret celebrated a birthday!!!  We decorated his car with balloons and then went to see a movie as a family.
After the movie we came home to have the traditional chocolate mouse cake.  We sure adore this man and couldn't be more grateful that he was born!  He's the best father and the most wonderful husband. 

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I look up to your family so much! What is Abby's blog?? I will be a follower! Text it to me!

Matt said...

This post is fantastic. Where are the Key West pics?!