Ok, Ok, I'm one of those people that usually hates my birthday. And I'm definitely not one of those to even document my own birthday. But this year turned the tide on all that. I had one of my best birthday's ever!
It all started when my friends threw me a surprise birthday party about a week and a half before my birthday. It was so thoughtful and fun. No pictures of the big night, but it really was a blast. Yummy food, pretty decorations, fun games and lots of laughter.
I loved that we were not the ones traveling on Thanksgiving for a change. It was great to have family come to us.
And Bret did something so sweet and thoughtful. He normally does not like cooking/baking. He'll grill, or do breakfast food, but spending time hunched over a kitchen counter isn't his thing. So when I woke up from a nap to find him with an apron on in the kitchen busy at work I was amazed. He had found a recipe all on his own from epicurious and made me a yummy and beautiful layered cake all from scratch. It was really so thoughtful of him and really meant a lot to me
No comments:
Post a Comment