Friday, October 22, 2010

Today With Gavin...

was not a good one.

I had such great intentions for the day...cleaning and catching up on my blog among other things.

Instead it felt like my day was one BIG time out.

I was yelled at countless of times.

I was hit multiple times.

I was bitten twice...or at least the attempts were made. (I need to insert here that Zachary and I are the only infrequent recipients of this type of behavior...the hitting and biting...from Gavin; maybe that means he loves us the most.)

My great intentions went undone.

I messed up my Friday Treat recipe which I've made so many times I have memorized because I was constantly back and forth to time outs. Luckily the kids can't taste a difference, just the big kids like me and Bret.

And now all energy is officially zapped from my body. It's emotionally draining I tell ya.

And I think...so grateful he's in bed. That we both survived this day, and that tomorrow is a brand new one.

Don't get me wrong, this horrible, no good, very bad day did have it's moment's of tenderness, however fleeting they appeared. Such as the sweet "sorry mommy" 's, the random "I love YOU!" 's, and quality time spent reading books together on the couch.

Now the house is quiet, Bret is out on a Daddy-date with Abby and I could tackle some of those great intentions....but nope, I don't want to. Instead I'm going to curl up on the couch with my comfy quilt, and read. Maybe I'll even top it of with a cup of hot chocolate! :)

1 comment:

Brookel said...

have some with pumpking ice cream, it's so delicious :)