It's a keeper. One I want to remember and keep for years to come.
I am a smart girl who loves reading.
I wonder if anyone has ever read all the books in the world.
I hear the book speaking to me.
I see the creatures popping out of the book.
I want to read my whole life.
I am a smart girl who loves reading.
I pretend that I am in the scenes.
I feel the wind in my face.
I touch the dragon's scales.
I worry that my worst nightmare will come and eat me.
I cry when the dog dies.
I am a smart girl who loves reading.
I understand that the books are not real.
I say there is magic.
I dream about trolls and fairies.
I try to read every moment I can.
I hope that someday I can read all the books in the world.
I am a smart girl who loves reading.
By: Abigail Crane
There are many things I love about this poem. I love that a major part of her identity stems from her love of reading. I love her creativity. I love her use of imagery. I love how real and personal it is.
I love this smart girl who loves reading.
1 comment:
love this. what a fantastic poet! I almost want to copy it down and put it on the wall of our study...tell her she should publish it! :D
Post a Comment