So today we did just that and it was so much fun! Song by song I explained in complete detail the storyline to the play. There will be NO surprises and we'll all enjoy it much better that way. Now it's just three weeks and counting!
I loved sharing this love of Broadway with my kids today. And as we sat around the kitchen island I was taken back to sitting at the kitchen counter on Comanche Lane years ago listening to Les Miserables with my mom. We too sat and listened song by song as my mom explained the storyline. I remember how moved I was and how beautiful the music was to me even as a young girl. I also remember looking up at my mom and saying, "Mom, if I am ever in Les Mis, would you want me to play Cozet because she doesn't say a bad word in any of her songs?" Les Miserables was my first Broadway experience and I'm thrilled to experience Wicked again with my girls!

2 comments:
love this (way to start young too - i will not have it any other way)! i seriously think that broadway plays have changed my life. they are going to be very cultured young ladies!
p.s. i dreamed of being cosette too!! i always practiced castle on a cloud when i was younger haha. i am still ready for my debut.
xoxo.
We just went for the first time - and I'll admit that I absolutely LOVED it. It lived up to every single expectation I'd ever had. Can't wait to see it with the girls someday!
Post a Comment