Thursday, February 4, 2010

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

I never thought we'd be seeing so much snow when we moved here.

It snowed 8 inches over the weekend...church was cancelled and school was out for Monday and Tuesday.

It snowed 4 inches Tuesday night...no school Wednesday and 2 hour delay today because of it.

And the BIG one hits sometime tomorrow...people are saying no school already for tomorrow because of the timing of when it may hit.

And more snow in the forecast for next week. We've been having fun, don't get me wrong. But it does make me sad when I think about all those days tacked on to the end of the school year that already doesn't get out until June 10th.

I went to the grocery store today to stock up and get prepared. I had to circle for five minutes to find a spot. I bought batteries for our flashlights (because power outages are likely) and water (because apparently here when the power goes out so does your water, which is new to me.) I got loafs of bread and when I finished there were five left on the shelf. Eggs and milk looked low as was water. Up and down rows it was easy to see gaps of stuff they were already out of. And then I waited for 40 minutes to check out, and they had all check out lanes open.

It was CRAZY. I had never seen anything like it before. I'm sure it's what all the grocery stores in Florida look like before a hurricane hits. But hey, we are set. We've got lots of food, goodies, games, candles....we're in for a good time. And who knows, maybe it wont even be as bad as they say.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Be safe, stay warm... so glad you have each other! Thinking of you!

Ashley said...

Wow! that's so crazy! These will be fun memories for the kids though I'm sure! At least they won't run out of entertainment with each other around!