We've done it...we've officially become dog owners! And we couldn't love her more. We surprised the kids on Wednesday and drove up to D.C. to pick up our new little family member. (I honestly feel like we've added to our family and I didn't even have to go through pregnancy...YEA! ) They were SO surprised and SO excited. I don't know any kids that have worked harder to "earn" a dog and prove their responsibility. And now, boy, are they loving this girl to pieces.
Sadie giving Gavin kisses. Gavin loves her, but is a little jealous. If I'm holding her he tries to push her off my lap and plop down right in her spot. It's kind of funny.
Zachary spent all day yesterday on the flour with Sadie on his tummy or cuddling right up close.
Two very happy daughters.
Sadie is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and is the sweetest thing in the world. She has been SO good. She loves the kids and is always so happy to see them. She loves to cuddle, loves to give kisses, her puppy energy level has been remarkably low, she never wines or cries (other then her first night home) she is already crate trained AND liter box trained. That's right, I said litter box, like a cat. It's amazing! When the weather warms up we'll make the switch to outside. I never thought I'd see the day to watch Bret hold a puppy on his lap, loving her and smiling. But it's happened! She is so sweet it's hard not to just adore her. She is so tiny right now, weighing just under three pounds. She'll stay fairly small too, her mother was only 17 pounds.
When she is not on someones lap this is her favorite spot in the house...curled up on our soft fuzzy blanket!







2 comments:
That is one adorable puppy, but your kids pictures with her are priceless. Congratulations on your new addition!
ok so I am not an animal person but that dog is sooooooo cute! If I would get a dog that would be it! I bet the kids just love it! yay! good for them for working so hard!
Post a Comment