Let me just add here a few things that I absolutely adore about this man, hopefully without embarrassing him too much! :)
One of the first things that made me fall in love with him was that knowing him and being around him inspired me to be a better person. I love that this hasn't changed. His goodness brings out the best in me and inspires me to try to be the best I can.
I love that my heart still skips a beat when I look across the room, catch his eye, and he winks or smiles in my direction.
He is the BEST father. He is completely hands on in all areas. I feel so equally yoked in our home. I love that he plays with, teases, takes time for, talks to, listens, tells bedtime stories, teaches, and testifies with our children.
He is fiercely loyal and devoted to me. I have no doubt or question where I come on his priority list, and I love that.
He honors the Priesthood. I love that he leads our family in family scripture study and family prayer on a daily basis. He gives us Father's Blessings at least once a year. He is a man who loves the Lord and strives to live a faith filled life.
I love his sense of style. When it comes to decorating our home or buying clothes for me I love that he has good taste and that our tastes co-inside. I could trust him to pick anything out, knowing we'd both love it. And he is so thoughtful, many times bringing home a little thing here or there for me because he knows I am in need and that I will not go out to buy it for myself.
He is such a hard worker. There is not a lazy bone in this mans body, something which he learned from his father. Whether it is school, work, family, or church responsibilities Bret always gives 110%.
He loves to travel and experience new things. Be it a long distance trip or a day trip close by, he loves to expose our family to new adventures and experiences. We have created so many wonderful family memories through travel and the exploration he leads us in.
He recognizes when I need a break and sends me away for a fun girls night out or to my room with a good book for some quiet alone time. The great thing is that I never have to question how things are at home when I'm away. I know he is happy, the kids are happy, and that I will return to a house of order.
It just boils down to this...
I love him. And I am one lucky girl to be spending forever with him! Happy Birthday Bret!


1 comment:
Happy very late birthday, Bret!!! It's been a LONG time since Nursery and Kindergarten, huh? :) It sounds like Em definitely treated you right on the big day!
Post a Comment