Friday, July 31, 2009

Lake Tahoe

Tahoe = My Happy Place

No better way to say it.
My family has been going to Lake Tahoe for 43 years now. My Grandpa Daines started this tradition as a way to keep his family close. I'm not sure if he knew then how it would become such a major part of our family culture. Personally Tahoe has become a part of me, and as we start the drive in past Reno I get butterflies in my stomach with excitement and feel as if I'm coming home. Things I love about Tahoe:
  • Meeks Bay
  • Good food
  • Family
  • Games
  • Polar Bear Plunge (OK...honestly I never really like this one until after I plunge)
  • Family Night
  • Chick Lunch
  • Meeks Bay
  • Cousins...all 25 of them
  • My Favorite Things
  • Adult Family Night
  • Bo's pyramid
  • Meeks Bay
  • Kids at a beach
  • Reading
  • Not getting ready the entire week
  • Floating down the Truckee River (this year was a little scarier when McKenna and Grandpa fell off their boat in the rapids. Thanks to Ruth who didn't hesitate, jumped in with a paddle and helped them both to shore.)
  • Bret's Daddy dates with each of the kids (This year they included tennis, breakfast and exploring through the woods, and a bike ride)
  • Meeks Bay
  • Seeing Bears
  • Crawdad Fishing
  • The Smell!
  • The Beauty
  • Memories
  • Traditions
  • Hikes




Some favorite pics of the week:

Our family after Polar Bear Plunge: this year was a little different because we didn't wait till it was dark...still fun, still cold, still wore our shirts with pride!

Cousins: Michelle, Lauren and Elisa did a super fun activity with all the cousins making their own shirts.


Bret and Gavin


Brothers...makes me smile and melts my heart


Grandpa and Gavin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks so fun, Em! Loved all your pictures. We miss you!

alisha said...

I take it you like Meeks Bay?! It all looks so fun...and sooo beautiful!