Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fourth of July

I have to say that this is one of my favorite holidays of the year. And no place in the country celebrates the 4th of July like Provo, Utah. I'm not biased in this opinion really. They do it all and they do it right. I love the food, the family, the weather, the love of country, the flags, the smiles of children watching parades...I love everything about it. That's why this year was hard for me personally...but amazing for the rest of my family. I had a hard time not participating in all the fun and not being able to eat all the good food, I am so happy that the rest of my family experienced an all time best 4th ever.

The day started bright and early at 6:00 a.m. for the hot-air balloon launch.

From there they went to breakfast...home to quickly pick up Gavin and then off to the parade with seats in the Grand Stand Bleachers thanks to Bo and Michelle. (It was at this point Bret left the camera in the car)

Then home to change and hit the pool at Riverside. When finished with that back home for a family BBQ with lots of good food (at least it all looked good.)

After dinner it's off to the Stadium of Fire. I have loved going to this celebration of freedom sense I was a little girl. I love the fighter jets that fly over the stadium, the parachute jumpers that land on the field, the flag that covers the entire football field, the crowds of people all dressed in red white and blue, the patriotic stories and footage of soldiers and their families, the entertainment, and of course the amazing fireworks set to patriotic music.

This year the entertainment was the Jonas Brothers. And thanks to Bo and Michelle we were able to get free tickets for us and Bret's family in the area. Bo was even able to get the girls in to a special pre-show meeting where they were sitting on the front row and got to see them up close and personal. Wish I could have been there to see it, but apparently all eyes were big and jaws dropped.

Bret and the girls said it was a great show and they were dancing the whole time.

Zachary and Aunt Jackie

Dancing with Aunt Ashely

Happy 4th of July!

4 comments:

Annie K said...

How come you didn't go to the Stadium of Fire?

By the way, sorry to hear about the tonsils. Glad you are doing better.

alisha said...

Oh, I love the hot air balloon launch. I was just telling my kids about this the other day, but I couldn't remember what time of year they did it.

Everything sounds like a lot of fun. Sorry you had to miss it - but glad you are starting to feel better.

Becky said...

What a fun summer you are having so far! So fun so see pics of the Abrahams, what a great family!

Judd Family said...

I love the 4th of July too. Sorry you had to miss out on so much of it, but I am glad your family had such a wonderful holiday.