Last year I tried something new with my New Year Resolutions.
I gave myself a single word that I focused on all year long.
Never having done this before I was a little surprised with the meaning and purpose it took on.
2014 was the year of being DELIBERATE for me.
I strived to be DELIBERATE in my mothering.
I tried to be more DELIBERATE in my scripture reading and personal prayers.
I tried to be more DELIBERATE in seeking opportunities to give of service.
I tried to be DELIBERATE with choices regarding my health and exercise.
It was a very wonderful experience for me. My scriptures became full of DELIBERATE tags and markings. I noticed when others around me were doing things deliberately. I noticed the difference in me when I was DELIBERATE in my actions and moments when I was not. I have come to love the word DELIBERATE so much that I have a hard time letting it go. A big part of me has wanted to hold on to it and keep with it for another year.
I've been trying to discover what my word for 2015 would be. DELIBERATE came to me in a very personal and spiritual way. I knew it was what the Lord wanted me to personally focus on. As December came to a close and January was beginning I spent a lot of time pondering and praying about a new word. Nothing was coming to me. I spent time discussing it with Bret asking for ideas. He had some fantastic ones I tell you, one so much so that I thought I had found my one word. But nothing that the spirit communicated to me in the same way as DELIBERATE had been.
And then Sunday it came.
In the middle of the Relief Society lesson as I was reading a quote from the manual a single word stuck out to me, washed over me, and filled me.
I knew I had found my word.
CONSISTENT
I want to be CONSISTENT in the way I spend my time.
I want to be CONSISTENT in the way I strive to have patience in my parenting.
I want to be CONSISTENT in my personal scripture study and prayers.
I want to be CONSISTENT in my exercise of faith and expression of it.
I want to be CONSISTENT in the development of good habits and routines.
During a year that will bring change for our family I want to be a source of CONSISTENCY for my children. A source that will provide comfort, peace, reassurance, fun, and encouragement.
I'm excited to be CONSISTENT this year. I'm excited to come to know it, love it and live it.
"We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day."
-Richard G. Scott
"We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day."
-Richard G. Scott
2 comments:
Love the one-word New Years Resolution idea. What changes are happening with the Crane Crew this year? We need to catch-up. I will text you my new number!
Post a Comment