Yep, he's reached that milestone. The big 10!
Double Digits.
Sometimes because of the business of life a single birthday can turn into a week long celebration. That's what happened with Zach this year. But I didn't mind. I'll celebrate the day he came into our family any chance I get! Celebrations included: family presents and cake the day before the actually birthday because Bret was going to be gone, birthday lunch with Mom, a surprise birthday party, and then dinner of his choice the Sunday following his birthday.
I was a little worried that because he opened his presents the day before his birthday that his actually birthday would be a little bit of a downer. He reassured me that it wouldn't be the case because that way he could just play with his presents all day long on his birthday.
One of his favorite presents ended up being movie tickets to go see Guardians of the Galaxy.
I love that he still asks for Legos.
Cake and presents came after Graysons bedtime we we missed him in this picture. For the last two years Zachary has been asking if I will make him my famous Chocolate Mouse Cake for his 10th birthday. Even though this cake has become pretty easy for me to make, I love that it's still in the category of "EXTREMELY SPECIAL OCCASIONS" Makes it more fun that way.
Grayson and I went to lunch with Zach on his birthday and brought him Wendy's. It's always so fun for me to go to lunch with my kids. I love talking with their friends and watching them interact socially. Grayson loves it because he gets to see his siblings in the middle of the school day!
Then Saturday came along and we had Zachary's surprise birthday party. We had all the boys arrive at the house at 8:45 a.m. Zach was out fishing with Bret and then came back home at 9:00. We served breakfast and then took the boys to go play a couple games of laser tag.
This is Zach's best friend Jason hiding in the coat closet.
SURPRISE!!! I just love these pictures. Sometimes I worry that because of Zachary's easy going personality and the amount of things the girls have going on that he can get sometimes just be along for the ride. I don't want him to feel like the sterio-typical middle child feels. I loved doing this for Zachary because more then anything else he felt so special. I mean, just look at his face in these pictures! He is absolutely beaming!
The fresh out of oven coffee cake was melting the candles so we opted for one while we sang.
All ten boys fitting into the hurricane simulator
Really, you can't go wrong with 10 boys and two games of laser tag!
Happy Birthday Zach! I sure am grateful to be your mother!
10 Things I Love About Zach:
1. He is such a GOOD boy. He knows right from wrong and he can always be found on the side of goodness.
2. He has a thirst for knowledge that astounds me.
3. He is kind.
4. He is a great big brother! I'm so grateful Gavin and Grayson have such a great example to follow.
5. He is funny. People don't often know this about Zach because he can sometimes be quite, but he really has a great sense of humor.
6. He is not afraid to try to new things. Man, do I ever love and admire this quality about him.
7. Zach is obedient. It is a rare thing when I have to ask him to do something twice.
8. Zach loves to read. So much so it's nearly impossible to keep him in books.
9. Zach is responsible. One small example is that I never have to ask him to do his homework. He takes the initiative and always does it on his own without me asking him to.
10. Zach is a great friend. He is aware of those that might need a little extra kindness and he gives it freely.






No comments:
Post a Comment