Thursday, September 6, 2012

Zachary's Birthday

Zachary was a great sport this year and loved his parents even though we were out of town on his big 8th birthday.  (sorry buddy!)  We tired to make it up to him and took him out for a special birthday lunch at the Boar's Head before we left town and then had our family celebration when we got back home.

I think the actual day ended being a pretty good one though.  In the morning his sisters had a scavenger hunt all set up for him with candy at each clue leading to a new wii game they got for him.  He was so excited he woke up at 6:00 to begin.  They made him go back to bed until at least 6:30 before they let him start.  There was no school that day so our friends the Harris's picked him to go play at there house where he was in heaven with their four boys.  She even bought donuts as a special "It's Zachary's birthday" treat...and that's a big deal for Jodi!  And then a good friend in our neighborhood made Zachary his favorite chocolate cake so he could have a special birthday cake that night.  I've really got some great friends who not only look after me but take care of my family as well.

Bret and I returned from Utah 3 days later and had our families belated birthday celebration.

(I know right...Christmas wrapping paper!  Let's just pretend those are different colors and it's really birthday wrapping paper.)
We gave Zachary an air soft gun for his birthday.  It was the perfect gift that went right along with his new set of scriptures.  (ya right.)  Strict rules with this thing...it stays in my possession unless he is using it and absolutely NO shooting other people.  We'll see how long that lasts but so far so good!

Man I love this boy of ours.  He truly is a special boy and I can't wait to see what amazing things are in store for him.  His little brothers are blessed to have him to set such a great example for them to follow.


No comments: