After staying with me for a few hours and helping me get settled in my room, Bret left to go pick up our kids who were playing with friends but were anxiously awaiting him to come get them. They then had to endure the half hour drive to the hospital without him telling them if they had a new sister or a new brother. Having them find out if it was a boy or girl when they met him for the first time was really special. Even McKenna, who was initially disappointed because she desperately wanted a little sister, let out cheers of joy with the others.
Can't believe I get to be the mother of these FIVE great kids!
Funny things the kids have said in the first couple days:
Gavin: "Is that a real baby."
Zachary: "He captured my heart."
McKenna: "Can I see his buttocks." (this was one of the first things she said...she wanted to make sure we weren't teasing her and it really was a boy.)
Gavin: "Let's call him boy pants."
Zachary: "YES!!!! Now the boys dominate over the girls!"
Abby: What do you love about Grayson..."Everything, he's perfect!"
Gavin: while getting the baby some socks on Saturday Bret said, "the good news is that because it's a boy we don't need to buy a lot of clothes because we already have a lot." To which Gavin said, "The bad news is it's not a girl!"







1 comment:
So fun! He is adorable - a perfect addition to your beautiful family. I love that it was a suprise for everyone - I think I'd do that next time, too. I love Zachary's comment - "He captured my heart." So sweet. Congratulations!
Post a Comment