Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Abby for President

Last week Abby was nominated to run for President of her fifth grade class. Her competition was none other then her best friend Evelyn. They both had to choose vice presidents of the opposite gender. Today she had to dress up and give a speech in class. They had debates and then voted. The vote came in at 11 to 10...Abby on the 10 side. She then gave her concession speech and Evelyn picked her to be the chief of staff.


Here is a copy of her speech she had prepared. Thanks to her years in primary she even had it memorized.

I feel grateful that you have nominated me and feel humbled to be nominated to represent the class. I have a goal to help our class be the best class in all of Brownsville.

I have some ideas, but I'm not going to pretend that they are the best. I will ask you for ideas and I will try to make them happen.

I think you should vote for me because I have experience with leadership. Because I am the oldest of four children, I have been a leader at home. I have taken care of my younger siblings, trying to make things better for them. Also, If you remember when Mr. Humphrey went around the room and said what each of us would be good at, he recognized me as being a leader.

If we work hard we will become the best class ever! I have ideas that might keep the class happy and in order. One of these ideas is we could make good behavior coupons and if we saw good behavior we would give them a coupon. Every two weeks if you had a coupon you could come to lunch in Mr. Humphrey's room with some activities to go along with it. But I am always welcome to your suggestions.

If you vote for me I promise with your help this will be the best class in all of Brownsville. Hope on the Crane Train. CHOO, CHOO!

4 comments:

ThatiswhatIamtalkingabout said...

Abby for pres!!! So proud of you Abby, you're a great example to Sofia.

Brookel said...

love the hop on the crane train! that's so hilarious I love it :) she'll be a great chief of staff :)

Anonymous said...

SO proud of Abby! What an honor to be nominated to run for class president and she will be an awesome chief of staff! Love you Abby!

mom c said...

I totally would have voted for you Abby! Great Speech!